Wednesday, July 3, 2013

European Challenge

My cousin has been a big help in getting me to Europe at a hugely discounted rate. Because of this, I told him he could have something from each country I visit. He responded with something I wasn't expecting but, being the adventurous person I am, I accepted the challenge.

He told me that in return for the cheap airfare he wants a photo of me "planking" by each famous landmark I visit. Now, for those of you who are unaware of the term "planking," it is a fad or an activity consisting of lying face-down in unusual or incongruous places, with both hands at the body's side, mimicking a wooden plank. People all around the world have participated in this activity and there have been documented planks in many of the places I want to visit already.

Because I am different and unique (you may use other words to describe me, but that is what I am sticking to) I do not want to be that American tourist that is planking all over the place in my khaki cargo shorts and red, white or blue visor. And although I won't be wearing a visor or khaki shorts (ever), I don't want to be pointed out and labeled as the 'dumb American tourist.'

So, my question to all of you is this: what can I do near each landmark I visit, capture in a photo and gift to my cousin as a hilarious form of repayment?

Here are a few rules I'd like to give some attention to before declaring my European Challenge:
1. It has to be funny, because it won't scream "KATIE" if it isn't.
2. It has to be respectful to culture and diversity. In other words, don't suggest I flip off the camera in front of every landmark (or anything similarly disrespectful).
3. It has to be fun and easy to capture in a photograph.

I would enjoy hearing some suggestions and input as I will be planning and preparing for this before my trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note with your name. I enjoy talking to my readers.