Thursday, August 15, 2013

Euro Trip Mini Blog 1

My experiences so far before even leaving the United States:

1. Lots of people stare at me and my backpack as I assume they are wondering why I am carrying something half my size. So far only one person has mustered up the courage to ask me the question: Are you backpacking or do you always pack that way? This short conversation led him to tell me "good luck" just as many others have told me. I know it is in good faith, but good luck sounds to me like I am heading into a jungle of wild gorillas who collect young brunettes. I'm not. I'm going to a civilized area with good people. "Have fun" would be much more appreciated and make me feel a bit less stressed. ;)

2. The escalator moving up was under construction in the airport... This led me to my first experience hiking upstairs with all of my stuff. My advice? When you pack light for a trip like this, pull all of the stuff out of your backpack, and pack lighter! I can already tell that i'm going to have a great ass and toned legs when I get back! However, I will never know if the new and improved bottom side is from the hiking or the pastries. Oh well! 

3. Large backpacks are definitely good for some things: they hide the ever so secretive butt scratches when you just can't wait! ;) 

4. Lastly, this is a chicken* salad sandwich if I've ever seen one! Salt Lake City, you have inspired me to do better in the sandwich making department! 


* Update : this was a chicken salad sandwich not an egg salad sandwich! :)

1 comment:

Leave me a note with your name. I enjoy talking to my readers.