Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Determination

My friends and colleagues keep asking me how my job interviews are going. When I tell them they aren't going well they seem surprised. These people back me up. These people believe in me. These people tell me that I will go places and be someone.

Why don't the employers see that? This question has been on my mind lately and I keep thinking that if only I could show them who I am I could somehow get the same support from them as I get from my colleagues. In the few short minutes I have to sell myself in an interview I have to show them who I am. How is one to do this in a few short minutes? What have I been doing if not trying to show them who I am?

In this world we must know how to sell ourselves and market our skills to the people we want to work for. I should know how to do this better than I have been. Interviewing is a skill in its own and I seem to have lost it.

I will get this skill back. I am determined to sell myself and market my skills in a way that no one can turn me down. Something has got to give. Right?


Until next time.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note with your name. I enjoy talking to my readers.